Velocity Broadband FAQs
- Fiber offers the fastest internet speeds - Fiber-optic Broadband Internet is the Gold standard of the industry.
- Symmetrical speeds - you will get the same download and upload speeds, 500 Mbps service gets uploads and downloads at 500 Mbps simultaneously.
- More reliable and resilient, fiber uses technology that allows for future expansion of technology and speed.
Made of very thin strands of glass or plastic called optical fibers help carry the light signals regardless of bends or curves in the cable. Each cable can hold several optical fibers. Fiber uses light signals to carry internet data, which is better for data transmission over long distances than cable’s electrical signals. Fiber cables can carry much more bandwidth than similarly sized copper cables and are less prone to signal interference.
- Velocity Broadband's 100% fiber-optic broadband network has a secure and stable data operations center managed by IT professionals. The redundancy built into the system helps make sure we never lose connection.
- Personalized Customer Service: When you call Velocity Broadband, you will speak to real, local people who care about your Hudson business. Our customer service specialists will work to give you the best service from sign up, to installation, and beyond. We love hearing from you, we have a feeling you won't need to call us very often!
- Flexible and Customizable: We can quickly and easily turn your bandwidth up or down to meet your business needs, something you can't get from any other provider. We offer speeds ranging from 250Mbps up to a 10 Gig dedicated circuit for business and ALL residents get our 1 Gig service.
- Value Added Opportunities: We also provide dark fiber, redundant fiber, and dedicated fiber options for business customers. Many major employers require this tier of service to support critical operations.
Did you know nearly half of our Velocity broadband customers also rely on us for digital voice services? Our responsive, attentive, customer focused staff, based here in Hudson, will exceed your expectations for support and service.
National/Local TV Streaming Services: If you are interested in watching national/local TV without paying the cable fees or renting boxes: Sling TV, Hulu, Direct TV NOW, YouTube TV, Fubo TV, Philo, and Watch TV. Click here for our Channel Guide.
High Definition Antenna Option: Instead of streaming or a box, you could alternatively install a High Definition (HD) antenna (think Rabbit Ears) and transmit a number of local TV channels. This gives you a variety of local sub channels as an alternative to purchasing a device or subscribing to a monthly service. And it's simple to install. Click Here to Learn More.
Love Velocity Broadband customer service and pricing. Waiting for Velocity to reach my home in Hudson, so that I can consider moving from Spectrum.Dr. Jeffrey Morris